30+ Best Custom ROMs for Android (Updated)
Aandroid community is growing rapidly. When it comes to android customization, Custom Roms gives ultimate customization to stock android. Compared to stock android, Custom Roms gives juicy tweaks, Performance set to Max & nice frequency of rolling updates. We have listed 30+ Best Custom ROMs 2017 list that ever available on this planet.
We have also listed Android x86 projects ( Android for PC ). So you may try android apps & games on your Desktop/Laptop.
You may find supported device list, Custom ROMs Download link and How to install on any android phone guide at the End of Best Custom ROMs list.
What is Custom Rom?
- As Android is an Open-Source Mobile Operating System it welcomes all developer to build own custom rom from scratch stock android.
- So custom rom means developer customized own version of android based on stock android rom.
Why you require Custom Rom?
- Fresh new look & feel
- Performance tuned to Max
- More Themes
- You will get Updates frequently
- Chance to Upgrade to the latest Android version (i.e. Orio, Nougat, MM, Lolypop )
- And lots of New features
Ultimate 30+ Best Custom ROMs for Android
You may like to jump
1 – MIUI
One of the most popular android custom rom on this planet is MIUI. Its Simple, Fast & Secure as well.
MIUI Rom Features List
- Dual Apps – You can run two separate WhatsApp & FB accounts on one smartphone.
- Second Space – It lets you have two Google accounts. This feature lets you do the work of two smartphones on one. Keeping your business and personal accounts separate.
- Scrolling screenshots – An entire webpage, no matter the length can be taken as a screenshot.
- Ringtones & Themes – MIUI has partnered with Hungama to introduce latest songs as ringtones for their users. You may download it free of cost. It also provides many new wallpaper options, and because of its Theme Contest held in India, MIUI 8 will also see many new themes as well.
- Quick Ball – It is very similar to Apple’s Assistive Touch. This is the hovering button that stays on the display screen at all times & enabling users to use to shortcuts. Optimize for single hand use.
- MI Cloud – MIUI comes with free 5GB cloud space. All your photos, videos, calls, massages & recordings are backup to this cloud.
Although MIUI rom is pre-installed on Xiaomi MI devices, it is officially developed for Mobile Manufacturers like Google Nexus, Sony, Samsung & others as well.
- Latest Version – 8.2 Stable ( Although MIUI 9 Rumour is going on )
- Total Number of users running MIUI – As per official data available from MIUI as on 2014 it has more than 50 million users world wide.
- MIUI 8 Supported Devices & Download link – ***You Must be logged in to view Download Links***
2 – CyanogenMod
You may switch over to CyanogenMod for Speed, Good Battery Life & Lots of Android Tweaks.
Most Noteworthy CyanogenMod Rom Features List
- Latest Version of Android – CyanogenMod has an incredibly fast update cycle. As soon as a new version of Android is released, the CyanogenMod team release a build.
- Battery Life – As CyanogenMod ROM removed unwanted system apps & junk files you may find good battery life for your device with less heating.
- Speed – CM comes with Performance tuned to max. CyanogenMod is based on stock Android itself. With quick boot option instead of fully shutting down your smartphone, it kills all background processes and apps and puts the phone on airplane mode with the display turned off.
Audio FX – It allows you to fine tune audio & video playback experience by giving you control of the HD audio quality for speakers and headsets.
- Community – The CyanogenMod team has an excellent community that is extremely helpful to every user. So you can have solution for every single bug on this ROM.
- Theme Engine – You may find dozens of Free as well as Premium CyanogenMod Themes on Google Play Store.
- Multi Window – Allows two apps to run simultaneously on single screen with multi window options.
Officially CyanogenMod supports major smartphone manufacturer. More than 150 devices Officially.
CM community groves to that extend that you may try unofficially developed CyanogenMod just by searching “Your Smartphone Name + Unofficial CyanogenMod“
- Latest Version – CyanogenMod 14.1 Nougat 7.1 ( Further development is going on with LineageOS )
- Total Number of users running CyanogenMod – As per data available from Android Police as on 2013 it has more than 10 million users world wide.
- CyanogenMod 14.1 Supported Devices & Download link –
You may find Officially supported devices list here
3 – Resurrection Remix OS
Resurrection Remix OS gives you elegant android experience. It’s one of the most customizable OS ever developed for android smartphones.
Resurrection Remix Features List
- Latest Android – It gives you latest android ( Nougat for now ) available & security updates.
- OTA Updates – Resurrection Remix updates rolling out frequently to keep your device up-to-date. It allows update via phone itself. You won’t need to have PC to update your ROM.
- Battery Friendly – RR Optimized at source code level to keep the OS battery-friendly.
- Customization – Customize every visible elements in the RR ROM, from status bar to navigation bar.
- Gesture Controls – Experience your device in a new way with custom gesture controls.
Here is a Short Video displaying various RR features like Double Tap to Wake, Floating Window & Customization.
Resurrection Remix OS is available for a wide range of devices with support from developers in forums. Currently it officially supports more than 125 devices.
- Latest Version – Resurrection Remix OS 5.8.3 based on Android Nougat 7.1
- Resurrection Remix Supported Devices & Download link – ***You Must be logged in to view Download Links***
4 – Paranoid Android ROM
Paranoid Android seems like a very competently done ROM for High-end Smartphones.
Unique Paranoid Android Features List
- Pie Control – Use the navigation buttons using simple finger swipes.
- Dynamic Status Bar – Status bar color changes according to application you are running.
- Immersive Mode – Completely hides system bars globally to show colorful images, funny texts and entertaining videos.
- Notification Hover – Read and interact with your notifications as they arrive without affecting current app.
- CM Theme Engine – You may use CyanogenMod thems on this ROM
Overall Paranoid Android is designed to bring you the best user experience possible.
Paranoid Android officially supports Nexus, Oppo & OnePlus devices. However they supports legacy devices as well.
- Latest Version – Paranoid Android 6.0.3
- Paranoid Android Supported Devices & Download link – ***You Must be logged in to view Download Links***
5 – PAC-MAN ROM
Pac-Man Rom offers a unique custom android rom experience with lots of tweaks, including cool features from the best ROM out there.
Pac Rom Features List
- Features – Pac Rom combines all of the best features of Paranoid Android, AOKP, CyanogenMod and put it into one single ROM. All in One!
- It includes CM’s Theme Engine, Paranoid Android’s Pie, Halo & Gesture control.
- Animation Control – It includes number of window animation.
- Battery Icon Style – You may change battery icon style of your choice.
PAC-ROM tag line ” WHY CHOOSE AMONG ROMS, WHEN YOU HAVE ALL-IN-ONE! “
PAC-MAN ROM officially supports major smartphone manufacturer brands. It supports more than 130+ devices.
- Latest Version – PAC ROM Marshmallow 6.0.1
- PAC MAN ROM Supported Devices & Download link – ***You Must be logged in to view Download Links***
6 – XenonHD ROM
XenonHD ROM is based on AOSP and LineageOS with additional features, performance and battery life improvements.
XenonHD Rom Features List
- QS Tiles – It has Tons of useful Quick Settings tiles
- It has Google Assistant Enabled by default
- Ambient Display – Wake screen when you received notifications
- Performance Profiles – Fine tune battery performance with automatic optimization
- Privacy Guard – Manage which apps have permission to your personal data
XenonHD is Rock Stable, Blazing Fast & Smooth ROM available ever for android.
Xenon ROM supports officially more than 20+ devices.
- Latest Version – XenonHD Nougat 7.1.1
- XenonHD Supported Devices – You may find Officially supported devices list here
- Total Number of users running XenonHD – As per data available from Xenon as on 2017 it has more than 20 thousand users world wide.
- XenonHD ROM Download link –
You may find Officially supported devices ROM Downloads
7 – Dirty Unicorns ROM
Dirty Unicorns Features List
- Next level Customization – More cool customization with Dirty Tweaks
- Battery Life – better battery standby
- SmartBar – It is useful especially on devices without hardware navigation keys.
- Pulse – It’s a music equalizers which displays under navigation bar. It activates when you play the music.
Dirty Unicorns ROM officially supports Google Nexus, Pixel, OnePlus devices.
- Latest Version – Dirty Unicorns 11.4 based on Android 7.1.2
- Dirty Unicorns Supported Devices – You may find Officially supported devices list here
- Dirty Unicorns Download link – ***You Must be logged in to view Download Links***
8 – BlissPop ROM
Bliss is one of the most highly customizable roms that you can install on your High-end smartphones as well as your PC.
Unique BlissPop ROM Features List
- Multi Window – You may use apps just like in windows mode. Minimize, Maximize & Close
- Blissify Tweaks – Screenshot Sound & Delay, Three Finger Gesture
- Substratum Theme Engine – Reported as The future of theming by XDA
Bliss-x86 is a PC project, will have a few PC oriented extras added in to help with application compatibility, mouse integration, keyboard shortcuts & Have linux throwbacks like bash and busybox commands, integrated Terminal and much more.
- Latest Version – Bliss 7.3 based on Nougat 7.1.1
- BlissRoms Supported Devices – You may find Officially supported devices list here
- BlissRoms Download Links – ***You Must be logged in to view Download Links***
9 – Lineage OS
As of now, you will find an official or unofficial Lineage OS build for almost all popular smart phones.
Lineage OS ROM Features List
- Android Customization at it’s best -including visual and productivity aspect.
- Better Privacy & Protection – With Privacy Guard, 6 grid protection & PIN Scramble.
- Quick Boot – It has CynogenMod’s quick boot option that kills all background processes and apps and puts the phone on airplane mode with the display turned off.
- Latest Version – LineageOS 15 based on Android O
- Total Number of users running LineageOS – As per data available from AndroidPolice as on 2017 it has more than 500,000 users world wide.
- Lineage OS Supported Devices – You may find Officially supported devices list here
- Lineage OS Download Links – ***You Must be logged in to view Download Links***
10 – Indus OS
Indus OS is an Indian mobile operating system based on Android. The operating system is currently available in English & 12 Indian regional languages (Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil, Odia, Assamese, Punjabi, Kannada, Gujarati, Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Marathi)
Indus OS Features List
- Innovative Regional Apps – Indus Swipe, Reader, Messaging, Auto Correction, Word Prediction & Hybrid keyboard for 12 Indian regional languages.
- App Bazaar – Download apps & games in regional languages
- Home Screen & UI – Intuitive navigation & easy access to most used apps
Mainly available for Micromax, Karbonn & Intex phones.
- Latest Version – Indus OS 2.0
- Indus OS Supported Devices & Download Links – You may find Officially supported devices ROM Downloads
11 – AOKP ROM
AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project.
AOKP ROM Features List
- LED Control – Do more with LED notification. Customize them to always know what happened at a glance of your android phone.
- Navigation Ring – Add up to 5 shortcuts of custom applications / actions to navigation ring to reach everything you need as fast as possible.
- Custom Toggles – Change the way quick toggles are displayed, along with the powerful option to create your own custom toggle.
AOKP is lightweight.
- Latest Version – AOKP ROM based on Nougat 7.1.2
- AOKP ROM Supported Devices & Download Links – ***You Must be logged in to view Download Links***
12 – OmniROM
OmniROM was developed by a lot of former CyanogenMod team members. It supports more than 90+ devices from major manufacturer.
OmniROM Features List
- OmniStyle – It allows styling the status bar headers, and has added functionality to allow wallpapers to be “styled” as well.
- Active display – It is a really useful option to view notifications and text messages from your lock screen. It can be enabled and configured via the Android Settings.
- Pick2Wake – It will turn the screen on when the phone is in the vertical position.
- Flick2Wake – You can turn the display on or off simply by flicking your wrist.
OmniROM supports your own Google Apps build – Like Google Stock, Full, Mini, Micro & Pico Packages. That means you may choose which package you want to flash during first flash.
- Latest Version – Omni 7.1.2 based on Nougat 7.1.2
- OmniROM Supported Devices – You may find Officially supported devices list here
- OmniROM Download Links – ***You Must be logged in to view Download Links***
13 – SlimRoms
SlimRoms Features List
- The real dark Slim – It helps to invert the whole ROM including Gapps with one click.
- Slim Recents – Allows better multitasking, along with marking favorite apps.
- SlimPIE – Based on CyanogenMod’s PIE, inspired by Paranoid Android’s PIE with a slight touch of Slim.
- Shake Events – Shake your device to launch apps or secure it on lock screen.
- Latest Version – SlimRoms 7.1.2
- SlimRoms Supported Devices & Download Links – ***You Must be logged in to view Download Links***
14 – MoKee ROM
MoKee has Ringtones, Alarms, Notification, UI sounds are all different from CyanogenMod, thus bringing a beautiful charm to ROM.
MoKee ROM Features List
- Phone & Messaging – Quick contacts look up, speed dialing, caller location and more useful features
- Smart Controls – Increase your productivity with Active Display, Lock-screen Notifications and other shortcuts
- Colorful Themes – Unleash the creative side of you, customize how your phone looks; make it cool, make it colorful with MoKee
- Power Saver – Unique battery saving strategies, get the most out of your phone’s battery
- Latest Version – MoKee 7.1.2
- MoKee ROM Supported Devices & Download Links – ***You Must be logged in to view Download Links***
15 – CopperheadOS
CopperheadOS sets android security to its maximum level.
CopperheadOS ROM Features List
- Protection from zero-days – Prevents many vulnerabilities and makes exploits harder
- Backported security features and quicker patching – Benefiting from upstream changes long before stock
- Firewall & network hardening – Along with improvements like MAC randomization
- Hardened kernel – Kernel self-protection and high quality ASLR
CopperheadOS currently supports the Nexus 9, Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P as a free offering.
- Latest Version – CopperheadOS 7.x
- Copperhead OS Supported Devices & Download Links – ***You Must be logged in to view Download Links***
16 – Remix OS
Remix OS for PC allows you to run our PC optimized version of Android on any computer. That will help to run all Android apps & Games on PC seamlessly.
Remix OS Features List
- Speed & Performance – Remix OS has benchmark score of 214218! This means your favorite games will not only look bigger on a PC screen but they will also perform better than ever.
- Forever Free – Remix OS for PC is free to download, free to install, free to use, and free to update. Forever.
- Unique Design – You will have material design of Windows 10. More over you will get Multi Window, Minimize, Maximize & Close features of windows.
Remix OS for PC gives you access to over 2+ million Android applications and games. Most are free and can be installed with a single click.
- Latest Version – Remix OS 3.0 based on Marshmallow
- Remix OS Supported Devices – You may find Officially supported devices list here
- Remix OS Download Links – ***You Must be logged in to view Download Links***
17 – YunOS
In Chinese, the word ‘Yun’ means Cloud. It is developed by AliCloud, a subsidiary of Chinese company Alibaba Group. It revolves around the idea of bringing cloud functionality to android devices.
YunOS Features List
Yun ROM features a cloud-based e-mail, Web search, weather updates, and GPS navigation tools.
It can accurately identify unwanted background apps, set them low on priority and increase running speed of current applications by 30%, thereby giving users a smoother experience.
Security App – It offers SMS payment protection, anti-phishing URL library, intelligent recognition in phone calls & text messaging, anti-virus application, ad blocker, etc.
- Latest Version – YunOS 3.0.1
- YunOS Supported Devices & Download Links – You may find Officially supported devices ROM Downloads
18 – Flyme OS
Flyme 6 provides a fun browsing experience with delicate and agile animation.
Flyme 6 Features List
A more powerful safe mode — Parallel Space — allows users to switch freely between multiple identities and spaces.
Flyme 6 perfectly combines the content and design to provide a stunning, content-based visual experience, bursting with excitement and visual delights.
Game Mode – One Mind will automatically identify when a game is running and go into Game Mode to ensure a
smoother gaming experience.
Auto Repair – When you are asleep, the system will automatically go to sleep and start self-repair — defragmenting memory, cleaning up system cache, optimizing background apps, reducing standby power consumption, and freeing up more system resources.
Kid Space – The innovative Kid Space allows parents to build up an independent mobile phone space for their children.
Time Machine for Contacts – Restore your contacts visually and precisely to a specific date.
- Latest Version – Flyme 6
- Flyme OS Supported Devices & Download Links –
You may find Officially supported devices ROM Downloads
19 – LeWa OS
LeWa OS ROM Features List
- Lighter – Overall optimization, faster start and response
- More Graceful – Unified UI style, graceful and exquisite animation
- Floating icons – Floating editing makes cross-screen movement on icons easier.
- Bird’s-eye view – Integrating multi-task switch, memory management and frequently-used tools into one page, system status is mastered easily and effectively.
This Rom is pre-rooted no need to flash supersu.
- Latest Version – LeWa OS 7
- LeWa OS Supported Devices & Download Links – You may find Officially supported devices ROM Downloads
20 – Smartisan OS
With its exquisite interface, entrancing animations, near-perfect Chinese typography, and hundreds of thoughtfully designed features, Smartisan OS is a joy to use, every minute of every day.
Smartisan OS’s launcher reconstructs the classic 9- or 16-grid design, while its unique mode of operation gives it unprecedented efficiency.
However this OS is available for Chinese based Smartisan smartphones only.
- Latest Version – Smartisan OS 3.6
- Smartisan OS Supported Devices & Download link – You may find Officially supported devices list here
21 – Cataclysm ROM
This ROM mainly developed for High-end Nexus devices.
Unique Cataclysm ROM Features List
- Smart Radio – It can switch the phone’s radio from high power mode (4G, 3G) to low power mode (3G, 2G), depending on connectivity. For WiFi it switches to low power mode so it consumes less battery.
- NFC polling mode – This mode enables us to use NFC even if the screen is off, on or on & locked.
- App Ops – Similar to privacy guard it manages the permissions for every app installed on your device.
- Flash on notifications
Cataclysm ROM supports Android Pay and RRO themes out of the box.
- Latest Version – Cataclysm ROM Marshmallow 6.0.1
- Cataclysm ROM Supported Devices & Download link – You may find Officially supported devices list here
22 – Carbon ROM
Carbon ROM created with the intent to add versatility & customization to a clean interface.
- Latest Version – Carbon ROM 7.1.1
- Carbon ROM Supported Devices & Download Links – You may find Officially supported devices ROM Downloads
23 – Candy ROM
Candy ROM Features List
- CandyCane – Unique customization settings for Lock Screen, Status Bar & Navigation Bar
- Latest Version – Candy7 ROM based on Nougat 7.1.2
- Candy ROM Supported Devices & Download Links – You may find Officially supported devices ROM Downloads
24 – Euphoria OS
- Latest Version – Euphoria OS 1.1
- Euphoria OS Supported Devices & Download Links – You may find Officially supported devices ROM Downloads
25 – crDroid
Based on LineageOS with added features.
Pixel look & Feel
- Latest Version – crDroid Nougat 7.1
- crDroid Supported Devices & Download Links – You may find Officially supported devices ROM Downloads
26 – Baidu Yi
- Latest Version – Baidu OS67
- Baidu Yi OS Supported Devices & Download Links – You may find Officially supported devices ROM Downloads
27 – Replicant Android
Replicant 6.0 is based on LineageOS 13.0 which is based on Android 6.0.
Replicant ROM supports up to 12 different devices!
- Latest Version – Replicant 6.0
- Replicant Supported Devices & Download Links – You may find Officially supported devices ROM Downloads
28 – CyanHacker ROM
-Based on CM-12.1-Lollipop 5.1
-Root and developer options are activated by default
- Latest Version – CyanHacker V3.1
- CyanHacker Supported Devices & Download Links – You may find Officially supported devices ROM Downloads
29 – Vanilla Rootbox ROM
- Latest Version – Vanilla Rootbox 4.2.2
- Vanilla Rootbox Supported Devices & Download Links – You may find Officially supported devices ROM Downloads
Best Custom UI for Android
Even though these are not considered to the android custom roms but you need to know about these highly customized UI that ships with particular brand only.
30 – Sony Xperia UI
Xperia UI that ships with Sony’s Xperia devices exclusively. Have a look to nice Xperia Screenshots.
You may try latest Xperia Launcher on android phones running 4.4+
Download Latest Xperia Home APK –***You Must be logged in to view Download Links***
31 – HTC Sense UI
Sense 8 UI developed by HTC and is exclusively available for HTC devices. Have a look to Latest Sense Screenshots.
Similarly, You may try latest htc Sense Launcher on android phones running 4.4+
Download Latest HTC Sense Home APK – You may Download here HTC Sense Home 8.01.775526
32 – Samsung Galaxy TouchWiz UI
TouchWiz S8 UI developed by Samsung and is exclusively available for Samsung galaxy devices. Have a look to Latest TouchWiz Screenshots.
Smartphone OS in News but not Android! – Google Fuchsia OS
Unlike Android that based on Linux, Fuchsia is built on a new, Google-built kernel called “Magenta” instead.
Fuchsia’s capability to run on universal devices, from embedded systems to smartphones, tablets & PCs.
Get More info on Official Website – https://fuchsia.googlesource.com/
How to install Custom Roms on any android phone?
- Bootloader must be Unlocked
- Custom Recovery must be installed i.e. CWM Recovery, TWRP, PhilZ Recovery
- Download the custom ROM of your choice
- Download the GAPPS for your ROM
- Move these files to your android phone & boot into recovery mode
- Completely wipe data, cache
- Flash the custom ROM & GAPPS
- That’s it! Enjoy the whole new android custom ROM.
Its your turn Now! Tell me which custom android rom your are going to try?
Do you get best android roms for 2017?
Do you find 30+ Best Custom ROMs for Android useful?
If so than please share on social media & Give this post 5-start rating.
Feel free to write comment for any help require.